Monday 15 August 2016

Life Hacker

Sad News!! Ghastly Accident On Third Mainland Bridge (Viewers’ discretion advised!)


As told by an eye witness.
I missed death by 1 second.
Bloody pictures. Viewers’ discretion advised!
It happened right in the middle of third mainland bridge as we were returning from Lekki to the Mainland. It was around unilag (5.30pm today). I have never felt so helpless and confused in my life. Just a second after we overtook the toyota truck and BRT bus that caused all the mayhem, we heard a very loud noise. Lo and behold, it was a fatal accident with blood flowing everywhere. I asked my driver to stop and pull back to the scene. Alas, 5 persons were already dead with several swimming in the pool of their blood, crying and wailing in their different languages.
This is first time in a long time i felt so helplessly confused. What should I do? Where should I start from? Seriously, with what was on ground, there was almost nothing that could be done. That pained me even more. There was nobody left to be pulled out of the rubbles (those of us around quickly did that). Beings were spread across the road, with most rolling in excruciating pains.ghastly accident on third mainland bridge
At least we were more than 30 around the scene, most of us men and we all stood there like morons. The only thing some of us could do was make calls to the relevant agencies. In my very presence, another child (about 2yrs old) gave up the ghost. The main rescue work started like 30mins later (shame.shame.shame) when the ambulances came around. For the first time in a long time, tears rolled down my cheek. It could have been me. It could have been anyone else.
Indeed, the line between life and death is a single breath. Teach us o Lord to number our days that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.
May the souls of the departed experience divine rest.

Life Hacker

About Life Hacker

I Am A Blogger furthermore a web journal designer,That Blogs out My Mind And Hoping To Always Be At The Top Of My Game.

Sponsored

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :